Upper Courtyard Garden at University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology

University of Pennsylvania Museum Copyright Permission
University of Pennsylvania Museum Copyright Permission
The University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, founded in 1887, opened at its 3260 South Street location in 1899.  Today, with almost one million artifacts, its collections hail from every inhabited continent.  The landscape architectural team of Wilson Erye and Frank Miles Day designed the Warden Garden, the University’s Upper Courtyard Garden which is the entrance to the museum once again after being closed for renovation, and then, used as an inner garden for Museum visitors since 2002.  The Garden’s Italianate style of statues, formal hedges and a pond of water lilies, lotus and koi, now include Wifi for the University of Pennsylvania campus students and University of Pennsylvania Hospital staff across the street at 34th and Spruce in Philadelphia.  Skylights cap new underground spaces in the design www,penn.museum

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *